From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:56:51
1 081223 Mick wrote:
2 > I am running Fluxbox which is lighter than KDE
3 > and when I just want to poke around a GUI quickly
4 > I have found that Konqueror takes quite a few seconds to fire up.
5 > Gentoo (file manager) pops up in no time at all and uses less resources.
6
7 FYI & others', there's a very nice lightweight FM called 'vifm',
8 which is in Portage & uses Vim-style commands in a terminal;
9 no FM cb faster & it's highly configurable with many features.
10 When I want to do heavy lifting, I use Krusader, which is very powerful.
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca