From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.10 and plasma crashing
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:45:27
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:39:51 -0600, Dale wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> Mike posted a bug number. I guess it doesn't hit everyone but it did
6 > >> me. Is anyone that knows me surprised that this bug hit me? :-)
7 > >
8 > > If affected my laptop but not my desktop. Re-emerging qt-core with
9 > > -Os in CFLAGS instead of -O2 "fixes" it.
13 > I think I am going to go back to KDE 4.9 for now. They are working on
14 > it. It appears that gcc is the real problem tho. So, I may just
15 > upgrade it and see what it breaks. lol Come to think of it, I may
16 > already have a newer one installed. Its been a while since I switched
17 > gcc versions. Hmmm, going to test this. ;-)
18 >
19 > Dale
20 >
21 > :-) :-)
22 >
23 > --
24 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood
25 > or how you interpreted my words!
28 Well, switched to a newer gcc, same thing. Going back to KDE 4.9 for a
29 bit. They will have it fixed in a couple days. After all, Linux has
30 some of the smartest programmers there is. I'm not sure of some users
31 tho, myself included. ;-)
32
33 There was a update to the bug. They seem to have moved away from it
34 being gcc. Anyway, they working on it.
35
36 Thanks ALL.
37
38 Dale
39
43 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!