From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From rsync to git: sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 09:14:44
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [17-01-29 09:44]:
2 > Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [17-01-29 07:56]:
4 > >> Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 > >>> Hi,
6 > >>>
7 > >>> To switch from rsync to git I am following the steps described here
8 > >>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/3i141w/now_that_portage_is_using_git_how_do_i_git_pull/
9 > >>>
10 > >>> The last step I did was "mv /usr/portage /usr/portage.old ; emerge
11 > >>> sync" and I got:
12 > >>>
13 > >>> solfire:/usr>emerge --sync
14 > >>>>>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
15 > >>> !!! sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
16 > >>>
17 > >>> As fas as I know, this is the uri Joost uses...
18 > >>>
19 > >>> Hmmm....why does portage thinks, this uri is wrong?
20 > >>> (...and how can I fix it?)
21 > >>>
22 > >>> Cheers
23 > >>> Meino
24 > >>>
25 > >>>
26 > >> May want to look at this link.
27 > >>
28 > >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf&oldid=378294
29 > >>
30 > >>
31 > >> Maybe that will give better results, not that I see anything wrong with
32 > >> what you have myself. BTW, I did a forum search, make sure you don't
33 > >> have other files in /etc/portage/repos.conf. It seems that if you have
34 > >> more than one, it takes the last one and runs with it. Someone else had
35 > >> gentoo.conf.bak and it was reading it instead of gentoo.conf. It sort
36 > >> of works like package.use and such. Make sense? I'm beat over here. lol
37 > >>
38 > >> Hope that helps.
39 > >>
40 > >> Dale
41 > >>
42 > >> :-) :-)
43 > >>
44 > > Hi Dale,
45 > >
46 > > thanks for your very helpful reply! :)
47 > >
48 > > Not to have *.bak and such under.../repos.conf/... does the trick.
49 > >
50 > > Would be nice, if emerge would only read files *.conf instead of
51 > > everything...
52 > >
53 > > Have a nice weekend! :)
54 > > Cheers
55 > > Meino
61 > I started not to mention that but when trying to help, sometimes you
62 > just have to post anything you even think might help, even if it sounds
63 > bat guano crazy. lol
64 >
65 > It is odd that it does that way. I guess it would be safe to assume
66 > that everything in /etc/portage behaves that way. I recall playing with
67 > using sets a good while back, I had to move the files to /root or
68 > something to make sure they wouldn't get read if I didn't want them
69 > included. Live and learn I guess.
70 >
71 > Glad it got you going.
72 >
73 > Dale
74 >
75 > :-) :-)
78 :) "bat guano crazy" ... I add that to my dictionary...BEST! (I am
79 no native speaker).
80
81 Do I need to add anything else to get the full funtionality ?
82 I read on the internet about GLSA and news will be not sent/synced when using git...
83 but I couldn't determine the date of that post, so it may be something
84 from the transistion times...
85
86 What's about that?
87