From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From rsync to git: sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 08:41:00
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [17-01-29 07:56]:
3 >> Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> To switch from rsync to git I am following the steps described here
7 >>> https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/3i141w/now_that_portage_is_using_git_how_do_i_git_pull/
8 >>>
9 >>> The last step I did was "mv /usr/portage /usr/portage.old ; emerge
10 >>> sync" and I got:
11 >>>
12 >>> solfire:/usr>emerge --sync
13 >>>>>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
14 >>> !!! sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
15 >>>
16 >>> As fas as I know, this is the uri Joost uses...
17 >>>
18 >>> Hmmm....why does portage thinks, this uri is wrong?
19 >>> (...and how can I fix it?)
20 >>>
21 >>> Cheers
22 >>> Meino
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >> May want to look at this link.
26 >>
27 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf&oldid=378294
30 >> Maybe that will give better results, not that I see anything wrong with
31 >> what you have myself. BTW, I did a forum search, make sure you don't
32 >> have other files in /etc/portage/repos.conf. It seems that if you have
33 >> more than one, it takes the last one and runs with it. Someone else had
34 >> gentoo.conf.bak and it was reading it instead of gentoo.conf. It sort
35 >> of works like package.use and such. Make sense? I'm beat over here. lol
36 >>
37 >> Hope that helps.
38 >>
39 >> Dale
40 >>
41 >> :-) :-)
42 >>
43 > Hi Dale,
44 >
45 > thanks for your very helpful reply! :)
46 >
47 > Not to have *.bak and such under.../repos.conf/... does the trick.
48 >
49 > Would be nice, if emerge would only read files *.conf instead of
50 > everything...
51 >
52 > Have a nice weekend! :)
53 > Cheers
54 > Meino
60 I started not to mention that but when trying to help, sometimes you
61 just have to post anything you even think might help, even if it sounds
62 bat guano crazy. lol
63
64 It is odd that it does that way. I guess it would be safe to assume
65 that everything in /etc/portage behaves that way. I recall playing with
66 using sets a good while back, I had to move the files to /root or
67 something to make sure they wouldn't get read if I didn't want them
68 included. Live and learn I guess.
69
70 Glad it got you going.
71