From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] From rsync to git: sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 07:19:59
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [17-01-29 07:56]:
2 > Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > To switch from rsync to git I am following the steps described here
6 > > https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/3i141w/now_that_portage_is_using_git_how_do_i_git_pull/
7 > >
8 > > The last step I did was "mv /usr/portage /usr/portage.old ; emerge
9 > > sync" and I got:
10 > >
11 > > solfire:/usr>emerge --sync
12 > >>>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
13 > > !!! sync-uri is invalid: https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
14 > >
15 > > As fas as I know, this is the uri Joost uses...
16 > >
17 > > Hmmm....why does portage thinks, this uri is wrong?
18 > > (...and how can I fix it?)
19 > >
20 > > Cheers
21 > > Meino
25 > May want to look at this link.
26 >
27 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf&oldid=378294
30 > Maybe that will give better results, not that I see anything wrong with
31 > what you have myself. BTW, I did a forum search, make sure you don't
32 > have other files in /etc/portage/repos.conf. It seems that if you have
33 > more than one, it takes the last one and runs with it. Someone else had
34 > gentoo.conf.bak and it was reading it instead of gentoo.conf. It sort
35 > of works like package.use and such. Make sense? I'm beat over here. lol
36 >
37 > Hope that helps.
38 >
39 > Dale
40 >
41 > :-) :-)
44 Hi Dale,
45
46 thanks for your very helpful reply! :)
47
48 Not to have *.bak and such under.../repos.conf/... does the trick.
49
50 Would be nice, if emerge would only read files *.conf instead of
51 everything...
52
53 Have a nice weekend! :)
54 Cheers