From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How reliable is ext3?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:30:46
1 On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:44:18 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > > The warnquota command, from sys-fs/quota, does this for all user and
4 > > all filesystems with a single command called from cron. Yes, you could
5 > > reinvent the wheel with a shell script, but the wheel already exists
6 > > for filesystems other than ZFS.
7 >
8 > I don't see how it's reinventing the wheel if the wheel doesn't fit
9 > your vehicle.
10
11 That was my point, that the wheel doesn't fit. There are ways of kludging
12 this in ZFS that do not involve the overhead of running du, such as
13 parsing the output from zfs list, but nothing as convenient as the common
14 method that exists for other filesystems.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Windows Error #02: Multitasking attempted. System confused.