From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How reliable is ext3?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:44:31
1 On 24 April 2013, at 19:32, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> Your system must be more complex than I'm imagining, because I see this
4 >> obvious answer of a bash script which loops through /home/*, runs `du`
5 >> or `df` and sends an email to anyone who's consuming more than 90%.
6 >> Obviously this needs to be adapted to circumstance.
7 >
8 > The warnquota command, from sys-fs/quota, does this for all user and all
9 > filesystems with a single command called from cron. Yes, you could
10 > reinvent the wheel with a shell script, but the wheel already exists for
11 > filesystems other than ZFS.
12
13 I don't see how it's reinventing the wheel if the wheel doesn't fit your vehicle.
14
15 Stroller.