From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 21:41:24
1 On Saturday 09 Apr 2016 21:03:09 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 11:12:51 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > I noticed to day that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon
4 > > have to deal with it. I run a number of boxen with Gentoo on them.
5 > > Some of them do not run a full KDE desktop, only selected KDE apps,
6 > > some KDE meta packages including kdepim-meta.
7 > >
8 > > For these boxen I have set:
9 > >
10 > > [3] default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop *
11 > >
12 > > and USE=kde, -gnome in make.conf. What would you recommend I do if I
13 > > still do not wish to install or run the full KDE desktop environment?
14 > > Are there any gotchas?
15 >
16 > I'd use the KDE profile. The packages you install are still the ones you
17 > want but the profile means the USE flags are already as you need, and you
18 > can always tweak any you want different anyway.
19
20 Reading eselect news I thought that the KDE profile and kde USE flag is due to
21 be withdrawn with Plasma 5 going stable, did I get this wrong?
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick