From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system clock keeps getting reset to weird times
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 04:30:29
1 On November 18, 2005 02:14 pm Benno Schulenberg was like:
2 > Your time zone is correctly set?
3 > Check with 'ls -l /etc/localtime'.
4
5 I think the problem was a corrupt /etc/localtime.
6
7 When I set up the system I made /etc/localtime a symlink, but SOMETHING seemed
8 to have changed that and replaced it with a copy of (what I presume to have
9 been) the file the symlink should have been pointing to. Unfortunately it
10 must have been a corrupt copy. Deleting this file and reinserting the symlink
11 seems to have made the problem go away.
12
13 I think the guilty SOMETHING was most likely the kde date and time setting
14 utility.
15
16 Thanks once again to everybody for their help.
17
18 Robert
19 --
20 Robert Persson
21
22 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
23 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list