From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox PDF integration
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:14:12
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:27:18 -0800 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > How do you get firefox to open a PDF file instead of trying to
3 > download it? The only plugins listed in about:plugins are
4 > s-shockwave-flash and futuresplash. I do have acroread and gpdf
5 > installed.
6
7 Turn on USE-Flag "nsplugin" for app-text/acroread if you like Adobe
8 Reader. I use xpdf, because acroread takes ages to load. For this to
9 work I added xpdf as handler for the "application/pdf" MIME-type to the
10 list of helper applications. It should be somewhere in the preferences.
11
12 > Incidentally, which PDF viewer do you like best out of those in
13 > portage?
14
15 xpdf. I start acroread only when xpdf displays the file incorrectly.
18 Cheers,
19 Renat
22 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
23 durch die sie entstanden sind.
24 (Einstein)