From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video editing advice on formats and size of file
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 01:57:11
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2011-12-23, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I been trying to get this to work right for a goooooood while now. I'm
6 >> confused here. I have some videos that I download that are split up.
7 >> Some have two or three parts and a few 4 or 5. What I can't get is
8 >> this, I can't seem to take say two 250Mb videos and make it come
9 >> anywhere near 500Mbs when spliced together.
10 > This always works for me with avi and mpeg files:
11 >
12 > mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -quiet infile1.avi infile2.avi -o outfile.avi
16 I tried this but it made my video pixelated for some reason. The one I
17 tested was a .flv so that may have a LOT to do with it. Maybe it needed
18 different options. I tried the man page but it looked like Greek to
19 me. I mostly watch videos but no idea on how to make them or even do
20 much editing, tho I am sort of learning. My lady friend likes to watch
21 videos so I have to put them together and burn them to a DVD.
22
23 Things women make us guys do. lol
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
31
32 Miss the compile output? Hint:
33 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"