From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best caching dns server?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:01:51
1 > Which is the best caching dns server? I'm presently using pdns-recursor,
2 > which is quite good, but doesn't have option to set minimum ttl (doesn't
3 > make sense, but some sites like twitter have ridiculously low ttl of 30s).
4
5 The load balancing technology will be slow to respond if the TTLs are
6 high, so given that responsive load balancing and timely fail over are
7 good things, it does make sense. IIRC the F5 default is 20 seconds. Be
8 careful if you are going to break DNS, there may be consequences
9 you're not aware of.
10
11 > Also, it isn't able to save cached entries to file so that it can be
12 > restored on next boot. Any option?
13 >
14 > I am keeping my box 24x7 on because it serves as dns on my small home wifi,
15 > not acceptable to me, because network is almost off at night (only phone)
16 > and I have my router as secondary dns.
17
18 Can you re-phrase that? - its hard to understand what the problem is.