From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix-sync data comparison
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 01:15:52
1 On Saturday 11 Jan 2014 23:14:59 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > If you want to reduce the data downloaded, then by all means configure
4 > rsyncd to share the tree on the PC, and point the ARM to that. Don't
5 > worry about overlays, the amount of changed data from them is usually
6 > too small to worry about.
7
8 You might want to look into http-replicator for that, together with rsyncd. I
9 find it handy, and of course I have nothing like Alan's load, though it's often
10 nice to play at being a good netizen.
13 Regards
14 Peter