From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sftplogging USE flag in openssh
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:02:00
1 On Wednesday 27 September 2006 09:03, Mick wrote:
2 > I use euse for this purpose myself, however, the message is not self
3 > explanatory enough for my understanding. Is this flag useful for logging
4 > ssh handshake info during logon to a sftp server?
5
6 No, sftp is encapsulated in ssh so this doesn't affect the regular ssh
7 sessionlogging.
8
9 > Is it for logging ssh info about other clients logging onto a server
10 > running on this host?
11
12 Care to rephrase that?
13 ssh logs no matter what kind of client is used.
14
15 sftplogging is for logging file transfers.
16 Which client started a sftp session, which files, how many times, how many
17 data, which action (mkdir, rm etc.)
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list