From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: start-stop-daemon: how to set directory?
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 01:49:52
1 On 2010-05-07, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 20:27 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> I'm writing an init script for a daemon that needs to be started in a
4 >> particular directory, and I can't figure out how to do that with
5 >> start-stop-daemon.
6 >>
7 >> It always seems to start the daemon in '/' regardless of the current
8 >> working directory when start-stop-daemon is invoked.
9 >
10 > start-stop-daemon has a man page that explains it's options,
11
12 Yes, I know.
13
14 > including:
15 >
16 > -d, --chdir path
17 > chdir to this directory before starting the daemon.
18
19 That must be a recent addition, because it's not on my man page from
20 baselayout 1.12.13 (the most recent stable version).
21
22 I don't think I'll switch to an unstable baselayout just yet.
23
24 Thanks anyway.
27 Grant