From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have experience with Acer netbooks ?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:34:42
1 On Tuesday 20 October 2009 11:05:37 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 091020 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday 20 October 2009 05:59:07 Philip Webb wrote:
4 > >> Does anyone know how far it's feasible to compile pkgs on a desktop
5 > >> -- I have a powerful machine with upto-date Gentoo for everyday use -- ,
6 > >> then copy the results via USB stick into a netbook ?
7 > >
8 > > Trawl the archives over the last 60 months
9 > > for Neil Bothwick's detailed posts on this very subject
10 >
11 > Were there netbooks in 2004 ?? Anyway, I have most of them saved.
12 > However, others may have experiences to relate for everyone's benefit.
15 See children, this is what happens when you ask yourself daft questions like
16
17 "How many days in a month, and how many months make 60 days?"
18
19 You make big booboo typos. Learn from Uncle Alan and don't do it...
20
21 :-)
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com