From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable MythTV removed from portage?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 17:43:41
1 On 7/2/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 July 2006 18:14, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > I have mythtv-0.18.1-r1 installed. Now it appears that it's not
4 > > even an option anymore? What happened to Myth?
5 > >
6 > > I do not want to update to 0.19 as it means work on 5 machines that
7 > > I don't want to undertake.
8 >
9 > You can grab the ebuild and it's patches from cvs [1] and place them in an
10 > overlay.
11 >
12 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/media-tv/mythtv/
13 >
14 > --
15 > Bo Andresen
16
17 Bo,
18 Thanks for the pointer. I suppose I'll have to do this. Bummer....
19
20 Why was 0.18 removed from portage? Has there been a thread on that
21 subject I missed as I'm not reading this list very carefully right
22 now. 0.18 was in portage for over a year I think. Why not mark it
23 stable or leave it in the group of masked ebuilds and let us make a
24 choice?
25
26 I thought Gentoo was about choice. Who ever is maintaining this has
27 taken choice away from me and replaced it with more work. Bummer.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list