From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chroot question
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:47:19
1 On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:33:15 -0600
2 "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I have an AMD64 chip and have separate Gentoo x86 and x86_64 distros.
5 > Gentoo has a "32Bit Chroot Guide for Gentoo/AMD64" but this guide only
6 > discusses setting up a separate 32bit environment within the 64bit
7 > Gentoo. I was wondering if it could be used, suitably modified, to
8 > chroot from my x86_64 bit distro to my x86 distro. Will it mess up
9 > one or the other?
10
11 No, they won't effect each other, but isn't this generally how a
12 multi-lib system is done? I read a howto years ago but got bored
13 halfway through, and since I didn't need it anyway, I gave up.
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list