From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ext4 for a new installation?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:34:01
1 Am Montag, 2. Februar 2009 06:14:17 schrieb Stroller:
2
3 > Hence I'd be worrying about
4 > incompatibilities when chrooting in, if I used a non-Gentoo one.
5
6 When you're chrooted, you _are_ in a Gentoo system. It doesn't matter what
7 system you used to unpack that stage tarball before.
8
9 I use GRML for doing Gentoo installs. It always worked perfectly fine. As of
10 2008.11, it even has that nice grml-chroot script which handles all the /proc
11 and /dev bind-mounting stuff for you. However, it doesn't have ext4 support,
12 yet.
13
14 Bye...
15