From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webkit-gtk build failure and masking confusion
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 02:31:09
1 On Sun, Feb 18 2018, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:20:26 -0500, John Blinka wrote:
4 >
5 >> > Your best bet is to keyword gnucash-2.7.4, which does use the up to
6 >> > date webkit-gtk.
7 >>
8 >> Tried that and gnucash-2.7.4 (and dependencies) do build without any
9 >> troubles. But https://gnucash.org/news.phtml declares that all 2.7.*
10 >> versions are unstable, so I
11 >> prefer not to risk it.
12 >
13 > Fair comment, if it was just that the ebuild was in testing, I'd give it
14 > a go but if the project devs say it's not stable, well..
15
16 The exact words in the bug (621532 comment 60) are
17
18 Just to reiterate. There are no plans to fix this webkit-gtk ancient
19 SLOT, because it will be last rited any day now; just waiting on
20 gnucash-2.7 stabilization to proceed after some (probably harmless)
21 test failures are fixed or deemed nonblocking.
22
23 > I no longer use Gnucash, having switched to KMyMoney a few years ago. Now
24 > that's just jumped a major version and I had to mask it because of
25 > missing features... so much for progress.
26
27 Understood. I am a little fearful of the new gnucash. But fortunately
28 I am not a power user. (Hopefully canek uses gnucash).
29
30 allan