From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] webkit-gtk build failure and masking confusion
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 02:14:28
1 On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 18:20:26 -0500, John Blinka wrote:
2
3 > > Your best bet is to keyword gnucash-2.7.4, which does use the up to
4 > > date webkit-gtk.
5 >
6 > Tried that and gnucash-2.7.4 (and dependencies) do build without any
7 > troubles. But https://gnucash.org/news.phtml declares that all 2.7.*
8 > versions are unstable, so I
9 > prefer not to risk it.
10
11 Fair comment, if it was just that the ebuild was in testing, I'd give it
12 a go but if the project devs say it's not stable, well..
13
14 I no longer use Gnucash, having switched to KMyMoney a few years ago. Now
15 that's just jumped a major version and I had to mask it because of
16 missing features... so much for progress.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 The quickest way to a man's heart is through his sternum.