From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Several arches installed, flag kernel automatically
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 16:32:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I have here two gentoo systems one 32-bit and one 64-bit.
4
5 To save space on my harddisk the mounts /home and /boot are used from
6 both systems.
7
8 Now I have the problem with the kernel version.
9 Both systems running kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r6.
10
11 If I install now the kernel from the 64-bit system it overwrites the
12 kernel from the 32-bit system.
13 In the kernel config is a variable available LOCALVERSION to append
14 some text to the kernel to prevent the overwrite.
15
16 Is it possible to global define this variable e.g. in /etc/make.conf?
17
18 Thx a lot,
19 Matthias
23 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
24 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
25 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
26 Rich Cook
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list