From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several arches installed, flag kernel automatically
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:17:05
1 On 1/3/07, Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have here two gentoo systems one 32-bit and one 64-bit.
5 >
6 > To save space on my harddisk the mounts /home and /boot are used from
7 > both systems.
8 >
9 > Now I have the problem with the kernel version.
10 > Both systems running kernel 2.6.18-gentoo-r6.
11 >
12 > If I install now the kernel from the 64-bit system it overwrites the
13 > kernel from the 32-bit system.
14
15 I assume you're using "make install" after building your kernel? I
16 usually do a "cp arch/[insert your arch here]/boot/bzImage
17 /boot/kernel-[version string]" (and then one for the System.map)
18 Would that do what you want?
21 Ryan W Sims
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list