From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several arches installed, flag kernel automatically
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:50:56
1 Hello Ryan,
2
3 * Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com> [03-01-07 12:11]:
4 > I assume you're using "make install" after building your kernel? I
5 > usually do a "cp arch/[insert your arch here]/boot/bzImage
6 > /boot/kernel-[version string]" (and then one for the System.map)
7 > Would that do what you want?
8
9 No :)
10
11 I want to use make install and the Makefile should not generate a
12 vmlinuz it should generate a vmlinuz-$LOCALVERSION.
13
14 You know if that is possible?
15
16 Thx a lot
17 Matthias
21 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
22 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
23 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
24 Rich Cook
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list