From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Several arches installed, flag kernel automatically
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:20:52
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Matthias Fechner [mailto:idefix@×××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 03 January 2007 17:46
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Several arches installed, flag kernel
6 > automatically
7 >
8 > No :)
9 >
10 > I want to use make install and the Makefile should not generate a
11 > vmlinuz it should generate a vmlinuz-$LOCALVERSION.
12 >
13 > You know if that is possible?
16 At the risk of maybe coming off as slightly rude (not my intention!) -
17 why not? It is the simplest solution to make sure the kernels don't
18 interfere with each other.
19
20 You could try playing with the makefile I guess - there should be some
21 sort of instruction in there to tell it where to put the kernel. I would
22 have a look myself if I had a copy of the kernel stuff to hand.
23
24 David "On a Windows 2000 workstation... boo" Nelson
25
26 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
27 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
28 list.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list