From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync keeps failing
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:17:52
1 On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 13:01:40 +0100, Michael wrote:
2
3 > > I have this problem every month. Why does it fail? Is it just a
4 > > timeout because my network is slow? Can that be tweaked?
5 >
6 > I get this problem over here, but on rare occasions. Leaving it for
7 > half a day usually fixes it. Have you tried a different rsync mirror?
8 > You can use 'mirrorselect -i -r' for this task.
9
10 I used to see this from time to time, but then I switched to using git
11 instead of rsync and haven't seen it again. There's the added bonus that
12 syncing is MUCH faster too.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 WinErr 019: User error - Not our fault. Is Not! Is Not!