From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync keeps failing
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 22:42:52
1 On Monday, 2 August 2021 22:17:35 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 13:01:40 +0100, Michael wrote:
3 > > > I have this problem every month. Why does it fail? Is it just a
4 > > > timeout because my network is slow? Can that be tweaked?
5 > >
6 > > I get this problem over here, but on rare occasions. Leaving it for
7 > > half a day usually fixes it. Have you tried a different rsync mirror?
8 > > You can use 'mirrorselect -i -r' for this task.
9 >
10 > I used to see this from time to time, but then I switched to using git
11 > instead of rsync and haven't seen it again. There's the added bonus that
12 > syncing is MUCH faster too.
13
14 Last time I looked at git for portage it was not not using gpg to verify the
15 downloaded data - has this feature been added since then?