From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync keeps failing
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 01:28:29
1 On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 18:42:29 -0400,
2 Michael wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
5 > On Monday, 2 August 2021 22:17:35 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
6 > > On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 13:01:40 +0100, Michael wrote:
7 > > > > I have this problem every month. Why does it fail? Is it just a
8 > > > > timeout because my network is slow? Can that be tweaked?
9 > > >
10 > > > I get this problem over here, but on rare occasions. Leaving it for
11 > > > half a day usually fixes it. Have you tried a different rsync mirror?
12 > > > You can use 'mirrorselect -i -r' for this task.
13 > >
14 > > I used to see this from time to time, but then I switched to using git
15 > > instead of rsync and haven't seen it again. There's the added bonus that
16 > > syncing is MUCH faster too.
17 >
18 > Last time I looked at git for portage it was not not using gpg to verify the
19 > downloaded data - has this feature been added since then?
20 I don't know when you last looked, but I see it checking the signature
21 when downloading from git.
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici wb2una