From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Storage expansion options
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:09:52
1 On 14 Dec 2008, at 16:31, Grant wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> A RAID won't cause more heat or noise than a second drive but it
4 >> will also
5 >
6 > How much perceived noise does a second drive create?
7
8 See my other reply.
9
10 >> I'd say if you don't care about redundancy, you should go for a
11 >> single 1TB
12 >> disk. I'd prefer a Samsung Spinpoint F1. Spinpoints have the
13 >> reputation of
14 >> being a good mix between cost effectiveness, speed and noise.
15 >
16 > Do you think that would result in a greater speed increase than
17 > another Seagate and RAID0?
18
19 No.
20