From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video editing advice on formats and size of file
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:37:38
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > I been doing some testing on this. I went to about the end of a 3
4 > hour video. By the time it gets near the end of the video, the sound
5 > is almost 1.4 seconds off. I tested this by telling smplayer to
6 > adjust the audio delay. It is a bit annoying to see something on
7 > screen then hear it a second or so later. It's like seeing a
8 > explosion at a distance. You see it then have to wait for the sound
9 > wave to hit you. When I am midways of the video, it is about .6 to .7
10 > seconds off. So, it gets farther off as it goes. It's most likely
11 > one step off that just gets worse as it goes.
12 >
13 > I tried a couple other commands but I get errors about the file type.
14 > I think a couple movies are in flv1 which is old. I may have to
15 > convert them then stitch them together, which may not do the sound any
16 > good then either. lol
17 >
18 > Well, I got something to play with.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
22 > :-) :-)
25 Well, I tried to go to sleep and come back to this tomorrow. I couldn't
26 sleep so here I am again. While laying there I came up with a idea. I
27 stitched the first two videos together into a temporary file. Then I
28 stitched the temporary file to the 3rd video. The sound is off but it
29 sort of resets when it reached the stitch point so it is a good bit
30 closer than it was.
31
32 If I ever get me a video camera, I'm going to know to not break up
33 videos if I ever plan to put them back together again. It appears that
34 when you break the video, it is like humpty dumpty. You just can't
35 quite get it back together again.
36
37 At least this way is faster tho. Thanks to all for the ideas. I'm
38 still testing things.
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
46
47 Miss the compile output? Hint:
48 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"