From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 05:01:15
1 <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Howdy,
6 > >
7 > > I ran eix-test-obsolete and in the output, I get the following:
10 > > The following installed packages are not in the database:
11 > >
12 > > sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev
13 > > --
14 > >
15 > > Equery gives me this:
16 > >
17 > > root@fireball / # equery list *static-dev*
18 > > * Searching for *static-dev* ...
19 > > !!! No installed packages matching '*static-dev*'
20 > > root@fireball / #
24 > > Other tools report this:
28 > > root@fireball / # emerge -s static-dev
29 > >
30 > > [ Results for search key : static-dev ]
31 > > Searching...
32 > >
33 > > * sys-fs/static-dev
34 > > Latest version available: 0.1
35 > > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
36 > > Size of files: 0 KiB
37 > > Homepage: https://bugs.gentoo.org/107875
39 > > License: GPL-2
40 > >
41 > > [ Applications found : 1 ]
42 > >
43 > > root@fireball / # eix static-dev
44 > > * sys-fs/static-dev
45 > > Available versions: 0.1
46 > > Homepage: https://bugs.gentoo.org/107875
49 > > root@fireball / #
53 > > So, it's installed but I can't find it to remove it. What the heck
54 > > is this about? Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a way to
55 > > "find" it?? Can I remove it somehow??
56 > >
57 > > Thanks.
58 > >
59 > > Dale
60 > >
61 > > :-) :-)
64 > It's also installed on my system and probably it's a forgotten relict
65 > from ancient times (my last gentoo installation on this machine was
66 > in 2007).
67 >
68 > To be honest, I never ran eix-test-obsolete. My system is running
69 > fine and atm I don't have much time. So I will leave it as it is.
70 >
71 > Maybe the static dev is useful in the case that udev refuses to work
72 > for any reason. :-)
73 >
74 > --
75 > Regards
76 > wabe
77
78 Sorry, I forgot to mention that the package is shown up when I search
79 for it. I don't have any clue why this is not the case for your system.
80
81 $ eix static-dev
82 [I] sys-fs/static-dev
83 Available versions: 0.1{tbz2}
84 Installed versions: 0.1{tbz2}(01:46:27 08.03.2013)
85 Homepage: https://bugs.gentoo.org/107875
89 $ equery list *static-dev*
90 * Searching for *static-dev* ...
91 [IP-] [ ] sys-fs/static-dev-0.1:0
94 $ emerge -s static-dev
95
96 [ Results for search key : static-dev ]
97 Searching...
98
99 * sys-fs/static-dev
100 Latest version available: 0.1