From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package blocks
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 20:53:59
1 On Sonntag 02 Mai 2010, CJoeB wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > First, I've looked on the archives, but didn't find anything that really
5 > helped.
6 >
7 > The situation is that I need to install xz-utils but it is being blocked
8 > by lzma-utils.
9 >
10 > One suggestion from the archives was to install an updated package of
11 > eix and another one, but neither of these are installed on my system.
12 >
13 > Another post stated that the person was uncomfortable removing
14 > lzma-utils because of the packages that depend on it. I feel the same
15 > way because among others, core-utils and linux-headers depend on
16 > lzma-utils, which has apparently been deprecated in favour of xz-utils.
17 >
18 > Has anyone solved this issue and if so, can you tell me what you did?
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance.
21 >
22 > Colleen
23
24 unmerge lzma-utils, emerge xg-utils. Yeah, it is really that easy.