From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What gives
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:34:12
1 Daniel Barkalow wrote:
2 > On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
5 >> Whats going on...?
6 >>
7 >> No has slipped something deadly into portage or otherwise caused
8 >> upgrade world calamity.
9 >>
10 >> After about 1 mnth, I just did -uD world and had no problems during or
11 >> after the update. And revdep-rebuild also came up clean.
12 >>
13 >> Something is wrong here.... maybe I'm learning a little bit about how
14 >> to run gentoo..... nahh... must be something else.
17 > Don't worry, a few more months and you'll be zipping through
18 > etc-update and accidentally overwriting your CUPS configuration.
19 >
20 > -Daniel
21 > *This .sig left intentionally blank*
24 Well, at least it doesn't try to restore fstab back to default anymore.
25 ;-) Yea, give it time, we all learn how to really screw up something
26 after a while. Cups is a good one to start off with. At least it isn't
27 a system crasher or prevent it from booting.
28
29 Dale
30