From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Pentoo overlay
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:25:37
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > Has anyone installed Pentoo?
5
6 WOW ! You've got to check out pentoo-installer.
7 It puts a hardened kernel and toolchain and XFCE
8 onto a system, very clean and easy......
11 The only difference I've see so far is make.conf
12 is in /etc/portage/.
13
14 When I perform a routine update (emerge --sync) it'll
15 be an updated gentoo system, based on Hardened....
16
17 Just too F*__ing cool.....
18
19 Caveats? Common Anyone got a better/cooler rapid install?
20
21 This is stupid easy. (ME_likes_it).
22
23 Who says there is no Gentoo installer out there.
24 Only thing I missed is the ZFS option so it's on
25 ext4 until I find out what to do during the install
26 to get ZFS set up correctly. Who says a bunch
27 of hacks, aren't the coolest kids on the block?
30 -- one happy old fart,