From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firewall recommendations
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:06:06
1 On Monday 04 December 2006 14:55, Jon M wrote:
2 > Still new when it comes to Gentoo and so I'm stuck when it comes to
3 > picking a firewall to use.  I know that most (if not all) of them just
4 > use iptables to block/allow stuff but I like the simplicity of having it
5 > do it automatically.
6
7 iptables is *the* firewall for linux.
8
9 > Anyway, I've been using APF on CentOS which worked
10 > great.  Setting it up couldn't have been easier.  Unfortunately it
11 > doesn't seem to want to play nicely with Gentoo.  So now I'm looking for
12 > a new firewall.  I tried Shorewall but it seems a little too complicated
13 > to set up.  Is there something as simple as APF that works with Gentoo?
14
15 I don't know what APF is.
16 But, if you want a GUI, try fwbuilder.
17 Or, emerge -S iptables, there are loads of others.
20 Mike Williams
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list