From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrdao woes
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:47:59
1 On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 04:03:18PM -0700, David Busby wrote:
2 > My kernel was booted with this setting: hdc=ide-scsi, I read to do set that
3 > in the kernel help under make menuconfig.
4 > I also want to be able to burn UDF/data DVDs with this thing too, but music
5 > first. I've looked at the HowTos on the Gentoo WIKI but those haven't
6 > helped, and I'm trying everything as root so I don't think permissions are
7 > involved.
8 >
9 > I've tried to re-emerge cdrtools and cdrdao without success.
10 >
11 > Any ideas where to go next?
12 >
13 I've never used DVD writers, but for CD-writers, since the 2.6 series,
14 IDE burners can use the ATAPI transport layer. So perhaps you can try
15 NOT using ide-scsi?
16
17 W
20 "He stood up straight and looked the world squarely in the
21 fields and hills. To add weight to his words he stuck the
22 rabbit bone in his hair. He spread his arms out wide. `I
23 will go mad!' he announced."
24
25 - Arthur discovering a way of coping with life on
26 Prehistoric Earth.
27 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 31 days, 2:41
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list