From: David Busby <busby@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cdrdao woes
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:05:58
1 List,
2 I'm trying to make copies of my bands CDs with little success. I've done this before but have since switched
3 hardware and upgraded my kernel. I want to use cdrdao (which I used before) but it currently stops with no error
4 message and exit code ($?) 1. cdrecord can see my DVD drive attached to my IDE channel. Here's my output:
5
6 carbon ~ # cdrecord -scanbus
7 Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
8 cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r9
9 cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
10 cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
11 Linux sg driver version: 3.5.33
12 Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
13 scsibus0:
14 0,0,0 0) 'MATSHITA' 'DVD-RAM SW-9585 ' 'B100' Removable CD-ROM
15 0,1,0 1) *
16 0,2,0 2) *
17 0,3,0 3) *
18 0,4,0 4) *
19 0,5,0 5) *
20 0,6,0 6) *
21 0,7,0 7) *
24 cdrdao scanbus shows nothing!:
25 carbon ~ # cdrdao scanbus
26 Cdrdao version 1.2.0 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@×××××.de>
27 SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
28 Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty
29
30 Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.
31
32 Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
33
34 My kernel was booted with this setting: hdc=ide-scsi, I read to do set that in the kernel help under make menuconfig.
35 I also want to be able to burn UDF/data DVDs with this thing too, but music first. I've looked at the HowTos on the
36 Gentoo WIKI but those haven't helped, and I'm trying everything as root so I don't think permissions are involved.
37
38 I've tried to re-emerge cdrtools and cdrdao without success.
39
40 Any ideas where to go next?
41
42 /djb