From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrdao woes
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:22:47
1 > My kernel was booted with this setting: hdc=ide-scsi, I read to do set
2 > that in the kernel help under make menuconfig.
3 > I also want to be able to burn UDF/data DVDs with this thing too, but
4 > music first. I've looked at the HowTos on the Gentoo WIKI but those
5 > haven't helped, and I'm trying everything as root so I don't think
6 > permissions are involved.
7 >
8 > I've tried to re-emerge cdrtools and cdrdao without success.
9 >
10 > Any ideas where to go next?
11
12 Sure, remove the hdc=ide-scsi option, reboot, then use the device path
13 directly for IDE burning.
14
15 In your case it's probably something like:
16
17 dev=/dev/hdc
18
19 I do all of my burning using IDE directly, even though Schily's tools whine
20 about it.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list