From: David Busby <busby@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrdao woes
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:00:01
1 Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 >> My kernel was booted with this setting: hdc=ide-scsi, I read to do set
3 >
4 > Sure, remove the hdc=ide-scsi option, reboot, then use the device path
5 > directly for IDE burning.
6 >
7 > In your case it's probably something like:
8 >
9 > dev=/dev/hdc
10 >
11 > I do all of my burning using IDE directly, even though Schily's tools
12 > whine about it.
15 Ok, so I removed that foolishness from my kernel bootline and rebooted.
16 When I run cdrdao with scanbus I get this:
17
18 carbon ~ # cdrdao scanbus
19 Cdrdao version 1.2.0 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@×××××.de>
20 SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
21 Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty
22
23 Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.
24
25 Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
26
27 ATA:1,0,0 MATSHITA, DVD-RAM SW-9585 , B100
30 But this:
31 carbon ~ # cdrdao write --device ATA:1,0,0 --reload --force cp_csp.cdtoc
32 Cdrdao version 1.2.0 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@×××××.de>
33 SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
34 Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty
35
36 Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.
37
38 Still simply exits with a status of 1, what is going on? I've looked in the logs and don't see anything and I'm still
39 stuck :(
40
41 /djb
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list