From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197 moves from /usr/lib to /lib
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 23:47:33
1 On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 05:33:30PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >
3 > The systemd defenders are using "separate /usr" as a "wookie defense"
4 > in an attempt to divert attention form the main issue. Separate /usr
5 > is actually a secondary issue. The main issue is whether or not we get
6 > systemd rammed down our throats. Lennart and Kay are the people
7 > responsible for scaring others into mdev and/or eudev.
8 >
9 > First Kay...
10 >
11 > And then Lennart...
12 > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-August/006066.html
13 >
14 > For those of us who do not want to build, let alone run, systemd,
15 > these 2 messages are more than sufficient justification for the eudev
16 > fork.
17
18 If only it were as easy to fork a government.
19 --
20 Happy Penguin Computers >')
21 126 Fenco Drive ( \
22 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^