From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg can't work with hotplugged mice?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:08:16
1 On Monday 23 October 2006 00:44, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 14:41 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 18 October 2006 14:15, Iain Buchanan wrote:
4
5 > > I don't see why you can't use /dev/input/mice - I have the same mouse
6 > > setup as you and it works for me. Unless you have problematic hardware
7 > > that is
8 >
9 > because the touchpad has to be configured differently to the usb mice,
10 > otherwise things like "emulate3buttons" don't always work (on the
11 > touchpad). Also, I have different acceleration settings on different
12 > mice, so I couldn't do that if they all used the same
13 > "/dev/input/mice"...
14
15 My touchpad does not seem to have a problem:
16 =========================================
17 Section "InputDevice"
18 Identifier "Mouse0"
19 Driver "synaptics"
20 Option "Protocol" "SynPS/2"
21 Option "InputFashion" "Mouse"
22 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
23 Option "Name" "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
24 Option "SHMConfig" "on"
25 Option "Vendor" "0002"
26 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
27 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "True"
28 Option "Buttons" "3"
29 EndSection
31
32 On the other hand I have not tried (yet) a USB mouse to see if/how it will be
33 picked up. No problem with PS/2 mice though. They are detected as soon as I
34 plug them in.
37 Regards,
38 Mick