From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage telling me what it's doing
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 00:18:54
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:54:44 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Last time I looked, qlop did not provide any estimate of time
5 >>> remaining.
6 >
7 >> That will teach me to take a nap. That's why I use genlop too. I
8 >> rarely use any of the q commands. It seems something is always missing
9 >> for one reason or the other. I'm sure that varies over time tho.
10 >
11 > I do like the q commands, they are fast and generally do what I want. But
12 > this one lets the side down a little.
17 I did try them a while back. They are fast. It sort of reminds me of
18 when I logged out of KDE and into Fluxbox. I was waiting on Fluxbox to
19 come up when I realized I blinked and missed it. LOL Fluxbox runs
20 pretty quick on a 4 core machine. ;-)
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
28 how you interpreted my words!
29
30 Miss the compile output? Hint:
31 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"