From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill Firefox!
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:04:19
1 Am 22.07.2011 17:05, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
2
3 > and you strace'd firefox, X or chromium to see where this stuff hangs, did
4 > you?
5
6 No I did not, a strace is only as good as the person who can read it,
7 and in my case is that not much, not because I'm too stupid but because
8 I rather let my drill my teeth before read megabytes of strace output. I
9 went the easy way, used my time for something useful and fun (analysing
10 strace output is neither useful nor fun for me, it may be for someone
11 else) and switched to XFCE4.
12
13 Hurray it works like a charm now so everything is good.
14
15 I didn't need all that KDE4 cruft, eye candy and semantic crap anyway.
16
17 Greetings
18
19 Sebastian Beßler