From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill Firefox!
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:06:46
1 On Friday 22 Jul 2011 17:18:40 Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 22.07.2011 17:05, schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
3 > > and you strace'd firefox, X or chromium to see where this stuff hangs,
4 > > did you?
5 >
6 > No I did not, a strace is only as good as the person who can read it,
7 > and in my case is that not much, not because I'm too stupid but because
8 > I rather let my drill my teeth before read megabytes of strace output. I
9 > went the easy way, used my time for something useful and fun (analysing
10 > strace output is neither useful nor fun for me, it may be for someone
11 > else) and switched to XFCE4.
12 >
13 > Hurray it works like a charm now so everything is good.
14 >
15 > I didn't need all that KDE4 cruft, eye candy and semantic crap anyway.
16 >
17 > Greetings
18 >
19 > Sebastian Beßler
20
21 I haven't straced FF because it takes hours before it freezes X. I'll see if
22 it happens again tomorrow and if I can kill it from a console when I login as
23 root.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick