From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and kernel developers cooperating to turn it into a global cgroup manager?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:43:03
1 On 2013-10-20 6:52 AM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
2 > So they spend a lot of money hiring developers. The more important
3 > question is what is their agenda? What do they tell those developers to
4 > *make*? You don't hire people without a business plan in mind.
5
6 Well, once I understood their (Redhat's) motivation, which was/is
7 enterprise/cloud/vm oriented (which is why they were so concerned about
8 parallelism for startup, etc) - I dropped the conspiracy theory aspect
9 of it all... it actually does make sense in that context.
10
11 And as long as Linus is at the helm of kernel development, I'm not too
12 worried about the systemd guys doing too much damage there - I just
13 can't see him letting it happen.
14
15 If I were the type to worry just for the sake of worrying, I'd be
16 wondering what may happen down the road, if Linus were to suddenly lose
17 interest in kernel development (for whatever reason) and walk away from
18 it - who/what would take over the reins? But that would be pointless...