From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: GRUB2 migration
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:30:57
1 On 2012-07-05, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Has anyone seen/tried this guide?
3 >
4 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/docs/grub2-migration.xml
5 >
6 > The devs seem to be moving along with migration to grub2.
7 >
8 > as evidence in the gentoo-dev thread. I curious if folks are going to
9 > follow the docs, or are we each going to wing out way to grub2 with
10 > the legacy installs of gentoo?
11
12 I plan on dragging my feet for as long as possible, and won't switch
13 until I'm forced to. And by "forced to" I mean that grub-legacy
14 simply won't work anymore -- regardless of whether there's a Gentoo
15 package for it or not.
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I want EARS! I want
19 at two ROUND BLACK EARS
20 gmail.com to make me feel warm
21 'n secure!!