From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kubuntu - edit file details shown in Dolphin?
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 18:49:01
1 On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 11:36:22 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > This isn't Gentoo specific but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to edit
4 > values shown in the 'Details' tab of Dolphin, either in KDE or at the
5 > command line?
6 >
7 > To keep graphics out of this email feed I'm attaching a link to a
8 > screenshot on Google Drive. Hopefully the permissions allow anyone to
9 > view it.
10 >
11 > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfbMAMz5Btbyx7tAJ90c2KXDKeMRWBOA/view?usp=sharing
12 >
13 > In this case I'm shooting digital pictures on a modern DSLR with a lens
14 > originally built in the 1970's for film cameras. As such it does not
15 > report to the camera it's focal length and fstop which are filled in
16 > with default values by the camera at 50mm and f/0. The lens is actually
17 > a 200mm lens with fstops 4 to 22. I'd like to edit those two values if
18 > possible.
19
20 You can do it from the command line with media-libs/exiftool. Dolphin
21 only shows the values here, I wonder if there might be a plugin for
22 editing.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Top Oxymorons Number 1: Microsoft Works