From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Difficulties
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:16:42
1 On Thursday, May 4 2006 8:15, Kris Kerwin wrote:
2 > I tried installing xorg 7.0, but of course, as it is masked, it didn't
3 > work. Since I'm a college student in the midst of finals, having a
4 > working graphical desktop is mission critical right now, and I don't
5 > have the time to tinker with it to get it to work. So, I reinstalled
6 > 6.8.2-r6. I did my best to remove all of the modular dependencies
7 > that 7.0 installed (this was definantly the hardest part).
8 >
9 > Now, however, whenever I try to emerge -Du world, I get warnings that
10 > various packages want to reinstall some of the dependencies from the
11 > 7.0 tree, but can't because they're masked. Unfortunately, emerge
12 > isn't very verbose, even with the -v option, and only returns one
13 > blocker at a time (instead of all of them). Here is it's output as a
14 > sample of the problem:
15
16 The modular X migration guide located at
17 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml includes a
18 list of packages you may download which you add to package.keywords to unmask
19 all of the X.org 7.0 packages. The package list is here:
20 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-packages.txt
23 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list