From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] cdrom: open failed
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:00:04
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Holly Bostick [mailto:motub@××××××.nl]
3 > Sent: 25 September 2005 15:19
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrom: open failed
8 > Carl Flippin schreef:
9 > > I've recently done an install based loosely on the 1/3 method but
10 > > using 2005.1 as the base. Everything works fine except for an error
11 > > message which I get on bootup. Every time I boot, I get the message:
12 > >
13 > > cdrom: open failed
14 > > cdrom: open failed
15 >
16 > I always assumed that this message (which I have also seen on
17 > occasion)
18 > is because
19 >
20 > 1) udev or /etc/fstab is attempting to mount the detected device
21 > (normal),
22
23 I also get this message, despite not having set up my fstab to auto
24 mount the CDROM. So it shouldn't be a mounting error; probably it is
25 related to probing the device. Can't remember if there is a particular
26 kernel option that brings this about. Interested to know what it means.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list