From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: btrfs fails to balance
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:50:27
1 Bill Kenworthy <billk <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
4 > > Am 19.01.2015 um 09:32 schrieb Bill Kenworthy:
5
6 > >> Can someone suggest what is causing a balance on this raid 1
7
8 Interesting.
9 I am about to test (reboot) a btrfs, raid one installation.
10
11 > Brilliant, you have hit on the answer! - The ancient 300GB system disk
12 > was sda at one point and moved to sdb - possibly at the time I changed
13 > to using UUID's. Ive just resized all the disks and its now moved past
14 > 300G for the first time as well as the other two falling in step with
15 > the data moving.
16
17 I was wondering what my /etc/fstab should look like using uuids, raid 1 and
18 btrfs.
19
20 Could you post your /etc/fstab and any other modifications you made to
21 your installation related to the btrfs, raid 1 uuid setup?
22
23 I'm just using (2) identical 2T disks for my new gentoo workstation.
24
25 > I moved to UUID's as the machine has a number of sata ports and a PCI-e
26 > sata adaptor and the sd* drive numbering kept moving around when I added
27 > the WD red.
30 Eventually, I want to run CephFS on several of these raid one btrfs
31 systems for some clustering code experiments. I'm not sure how that
32 will affect, if at all, the raid 1-btrfs-uuid setup.
35 TIA,
36 James